Testing report: Did the 14.04 upgrade . . . how do I fix it?

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 21:43:17 UTC 2014

Israel:

Thanks for the reply, so I need an xorg conf file, OK.  But none of those
listed iBooks looks exactly like mine, I've got a 933 MHz G4, with a radeon
driver, should I pick one and then would I have to edit it?

Or, what happens if I "sudo Xorg -configure" ???  will that set up the file
completely or do I then need to "sudo cp xorg.conf /etc/X11"  to move it
into place?  Would that work?

Or would I need to "sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf" if I needed to edit it?
For instance if I need to change to "radeon"??

I had to do something like this for the iMac, which was a bit more
involved, but it's been awhile since I went through it.

Hi Fritz!
The fix for the colors was a fairly simple one for me on my iBook.
I just went to:
http://mac.linux.be/content/xorgconf-files
grabbed the xorg matching my iBook, saved it as /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and then restarted the display manager.
You can restart it from a TTY (Ctrl+Alt+F1)
Then simply
sudo lightdm stop
sudo lighdm start

And then enjoy Lubuntu :)