Testing report: Did the 14.04 upgrade . . . how do I fix it?

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 01:53:28 UTC 2014

Hi Fritz,
Just find the one that is closest and try it out.  You can try it
without rebooting.  If that one works, YAY!!
If it doesn't try another one that is close.
You can always duckduckgo for any other leads on your specific model.

I simple copied the downloaded i.e.

sudo mv ~/Downloads/*filename*.txt /etc/X11/xorg.conf

where *filename* is the actual name of the file you download
Then go to your TTY and restart lightdm

sudo lightdm restart

or you can stop it and then start it (what I typed in the first e-mail)

Look to see if any of those files have the same resolution, or look for
a model that has the same graphics card.