"Hand of Thief Trojan targets all common Linux distributions"

David Yentzen dbyentzen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 19:17:45 UTC 2013

Yes and no.  I have watched other vids that he has made in the past
addressing security concerns over Linux and exchanged correspondence with
him.  I think his overall evaluation is that while Linux is not
bulletproof( what is?) it is certainly the best in the field.  I think I
could safely summarize his view as this:  the normal, daily desktop user of
Linux does not need to run anti virus protection.  Perhaps if you run a
server of do other things then you need anti virus.  But then again that is
his( and my opinion) and each user should do what he/she thinks is best.

Best Regards,
David Yentzen
https://launchpad.net/~dbyentzen