"Hand of Thief Trojan targets all common Linux distributions"

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Fri Sep 6 20:00:22 UTC 2013

I'm glad that you have had fuller contact with his thinking and can
confidently assert that he doesn't think that average desktop users need
to install resident AV protection -- at least for the time being.  We're
safe enough for now.

But it still leaves us with the future prospect of whether the Hand of
Thief Trojan creator can make good on his plan to develop it into an
effective tool for drive-by attacks.