"Hand of Thief Trojan targets all common Linux distributions"

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Fri Sep 6 19:08:24 UTC 2013

Actually, though his conclusion is that the Hand of Thief Trojan threat
is blown way out of proportion, he speaks as if Linux is already subject
to many threats that are much more serious than the Hand of Thief.

In other words, he seems to contradict the comforting analysis given
here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Linuxvirus (on account of which
I, and probably many other 'buntu users, are not running resident
anti-virus protection).

If he's right, we should not be reassured but alarmed (though not by the
Hand of Thief at the moment).