mozilla system freeze-up

John Hupp jdhupp at prpcompany.com
Wed May 15 16:50:34 UTC 2013

 On 5/14/2013 10:00 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:

On 05/14/2013 02:13 PM, Gerry wrote:

Hola mis compadres Lubuntu!

Seamonkey 2.17 freezes my machine, there's no alternative but to power
off/on. This also occurs with Firefox & Thunderbird. The system
message, fleetingly diplayed, refers to Glib... pagesize ==0. I've
tried using the NVIDIA card driver but the problem persists.

 Gerry:

I use Thunderbird all the time on Lubuntu 13.04 (on my 32-bit I386
Intel-graphics machine), and experience no problems.  All my e-mails use
Thunderbird.

For 6 months before, I used Lubuntu 12.10 on the same machine, again using
Thunderbird the whole time.

There must be some other difference between our systems causing (or
exposing) the problem.

 On Windows, Thunderbird has suffered from severe font bugs starting with
v.16 I think.  This occurs with users who send in HTML format (rather than
plain text) and have changed the default composition font in Options.  If
you do any editing of your reply, the recipient is likely to receive text
with a mixture of user-selected and default fonts.  It looks like something
a child may have written.  But this problem does not appear in the editor
window, and the sender usually isn't aware of the problem until someone
replies and includes the previously-sent material.

I brought this up with one other *buntu/Thunderbird user, who didn't seem
to have the same problem.  Any feedback from Lubuntu Thunderbird users here?