Lubuntu Manual - Getting Started With Lubuntu

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Tue May 14 12:33:27 UTC 2013

On 14/05/13 10:19, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> 2013/5/14 Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>:
>> Recently, I have seen multiple
>> proposals for:
>>
>>   * using the existing work on the wiki but dumping it to CD
>>   * writing topic-based help documentation in Mallard
>>   * using http://ubuntu-manual.org as a basis for an Lubuntu manual
>
> It shows that there are many ideas, and many people which want to work
> on it :-) The problem is the same : who want to contribute to one of
> this topic ? There are not incompatible, we can continue to manage the
> wiki, another person can manage the manual, another one working on a
> manual. Of course, it's better if there is some coordination between
> the 3, but the time you spend on coordination you don't spend it on
> improving the documentation. I'll prefer if someone take the
> responsibility to do 1 doc and try to manage it as much as possible
> (meaning, be prepare to to do much of the work, and eventually advise
> people who want to help).
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

This is the problem/benefit of documentation, there are several
solutions to a problem. This benefits users as one solution doesn't
always work for them. I don’t particularly like wikis, so find it hard
to develop any enthusiasm to deal with them. I do, however, like books
and therefore find, now I have time, that this is something I can get
behind. I'm also willing to help the docs team. As you say though these
things need somebody to drive them, and the enthusiastic volunteers,
with out the Lubuntu team spreading it's self too thin. This is why I
wanted to gauge interest before moving forward or not.

Now to see if i can get a webcam working for vUDS :/

--
Steve