Installing 13.10 on older laptop PIII 1.14 GHz, 512 MB RAM

Richie Bloss sneydblois at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 03:16:27 UTC 2013

Hey -you guys are GREAT !!

I put PLoP on diskette & the Saucy Salamander Daily Build .iso on USB and
successfully booted off USB.

So I was able to boot from USB this time because PLoP uses *Force USB
1.1 *which
ignores the EHCI controller?

Couldn't read any of the* Install* screens (garbled) but had wiped the HD
with DBAN before hand so I just kept hitting enter (blew right thru the
user/password screen).

System was not very stable, in fact wouldn't shutdown or boot up.

So I tried again & reached the first garbled screen - assume the
*language*screen, I moved the cursor around & the desktop appeared
with a shortcut to
install Lubuntu.

This time all the *Install* screens were legible.  Proceeded normally - eh
Viola, we have Saucy sign.

Looks good, only 94MB RAM in use.  Wireless yet to install.

Like the psychedelic Lubuntu Logo :)