Did anyone refile bug for Flash Player shows green/purple in compressed window?

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 00:05:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-08 23:55, John Hupp wrote:
> On 8/8/2013 2:58 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:

>>> John:
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your reply.
>>>
>>> There's a lot of really good information in it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Aere
>>>
>> +1
>> Thank you very much for describing and discussing this workaround :-)
>>
>> I was able to get good graphics with Saucy alpha 2 in my old IBM
>> Thinkcentre desktop computer, that has suffered from bad graphics since
>> Raring. I used your workaround, John, and it worked without issues with
>> the log in screen.
>>
>> My Thinkcentre has the following graphics
>>
>> VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics
>> Controller (rev 02)
>>
>> I'll attach two text files for clarity, one with the tips explicitly
>> stated, and one with the output of lspci on my Thinkcentre.
>>
>> I used the installed system for USB according to the following link
>>
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstalledSystemFakePAE
>>
>> I don't notice the bad graphics with my wall-paper (for Saucy alpha2),
>> but switch to the default one, and you see it! After adding uxa
>> acceleration, the default wallpaper is rendered as it should, without
>> the sharp boundaries, 'jagged' as described by Aere concerning the
>> Raring wallpaper.
>>
>> -o-
>>
>> I found also this link about UXA for Intel graphics
>>
>> http://task3.cc/135/intel-graphic-cards-linux-xorg-and-uxa-performance-boost/
>>
>> -o-
>>
>> @ Phill:
>>
>> Where could this workaround be added into the Lubuntu Wiki?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>
> I'm trying to find a workaround for the workaround and fix this garbled
> login screen.
>
> But to round out the knowledge of the problem and solution, I observe
> that uxa acceleration solved a different problem for Nio than the one I
> was first addressing (with Flash content displaying in green and purple
> in a compressed window).  Nio wrote:
>
> "I don't notice the bad graphics with my wall-paper (for Saucy alpha2),
> but switch to the default one, and you see it! After adding uxa
> acceleration, the default wallpaper is rendered as it should, without
> the sharp boundaries, 'jagged' as described by Aere concerning the
> Raring wallpaper."
>
> And to pick out another bit worth noting, he observed that uxa causes no
> problem with the login screen, but his case deals with Saucy alpha 2
> rather than Raring, so I merely underline those particulars.
>
> So now I'm wondering how uxa fouls up the LightDM login screen on Raring
> but not on Saucy.  I'm hanging on by my troubleshooting fingernails here
> looking for clues, but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightDM notes that
> LightDM "uses various front-ends to draw login interfaces, so-called
> Greeters."

> [...]

Hi John,

You can flash the Saucy 'installed system' directly to a USB drive and
run it on your computer. That way you get a direct comparison between
Raring and Saucy on the same hardware. You must remember that I have
different hardware (probably a similar graphics chip, but if I read your
description correctly, they are different).

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstalledSystemFakePAE

This installed system has (as it is without any update/upgrade)

lightdm 1.7.7-0ubuntu1 (and the latest version is 1.7.7-0ubuntu2)

lightdm-gtk-greeter 1.6.0-0ubuntu1 (also the latest version)

Best regards
Nio