Did anyone refile bug for Flash Player shows green/purple in compressed window?

NikTh nickth at openmailbox.org
Fri Aug 9 13:04:16 UTC 2013

Ok, I will answer here of how I understand the whole situation. I hope
this helps someone.

First, the bug status now is marked as Invalid and for that, do not
bother your selfs with this bug anymore. Invalid means invalid.
Permanent closed as developers figured out that this report is not
correct. (for any reason)

Adobe, as mentioned earlier, has dropped the support of flash player in
Linux. Only security updates will be available from now on and the
current version of flash player in Linux is 11.2 (already outdated as
the current adobe's flash player version is 11.7)

Intel drivers now have the SNA acceleration enabled by default. So if
someone face problems with this acceleration method, he/she can disable
it as mentioned earlier from X's configuration file. But the xorg.conf
is not completely accurate for X configuration nowadays. Also is not
exist by default. Better would be to add the configuration in
xorg.conf.d/ folder (also non existed). The procedure is simple
Two commands in terminal:

1) sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

2) echo -e 'Section "Device"\n\tIdentifier  "Intel Graphics"\n\tDriver
    "intel"\n\tOption      "AccelMethod"  "uxa"\nEndSection' | sudo tee
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

The echo command is one command (appears as two lines)

Another workaround that might helps is the minitube application. No
browser needed and no flash player to watch youtube videos.

Last but not least, the Chrome browser has the newest flash player
(11.7) integrated, so anyone with this problem could test Google Chrome
and see if the problem exist there (then probably is Intel's
acceleration method issue) or if does not exist then could be a flash
player problem.

Thanks.