[Lubuntu] Progress on playing a CD?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Tue Sep 18 01:38:11 UTC 2012

I just now ran the reverse experiment and installed Audacious and VLC on
Edubuntu.

Once you choose Audacious from the medium-inserted popup, it constructs
a playlist and starts playing.  However, it started playing track 10
instead of track 1.  And it wasn't able to pick up the artist and title
for the CD I was testing.  But at least it gets to first base and starts
playing the CD, which it didn't do on Lubuntu without the further arcane
maneuvers.

For VLC, once it was chosen from the popup, it simply started playing.
But there was no playlist display.  However, it did correctly pick up
the current track title and display the info in the window's title bar.
This seems to be the same behavior it has in Windows.

Rhythmbox had the best behavior of all: It started playing Track 1 after
correctly constructing the playlist.

But in all 3 cases, the apps did start playing the CD, which they don't
on Lubuntu.  PCManFM implicated?