Video Player change proposel

Karl Anliot kanliot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:07:38 UTC 2012

> Could we make a poll of what should be better to use? I'm aware of

By all means let's make a poll for 13.04.   I understand reluctance to
have QT applications on the CD.  We haven't needed QT yet so far,
after all.

I need to know if 12.10 gnome-mplayer is going to ship with the BUGS
it has now.  (actually that's phillw's job, not mine)
And I've noticed that gnome-mplayer people are doing stuff on launchpad.
unfortunately, I don't respect what they are doing.  They seem to be
closing bugs that possibly have the appearance of being  fixed.
I'm new to open source, but speculatively closing bugs seems to be a
short term strategy with long term losses.
"According to the upstream bug this might be fixed in 1.0.6."
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-mplayer/+bug/859096/comments/7

Am I wrong?