Removal of 'Open as Root' option in PCmanFM

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 29 21:25:00 UTC 2012

Personally?

I'd have them read this section[1] before even being allowed to use sudo!
It is a wasp / hornet's nest for a newcomer as wrongly done it can not only
destroy your system, but install malware.

When writing stuff that uses sudo / root access, the author MUST follow the
guidance of explaining the dangers of sudo / root access [2]. This can be a
simple link, but IMHO, newcommers really should be made fully aware of just
what using sudo / root access involves.

Reading the thread mentioned in [2] does give some insight into just what
newcommers will do!

Regards,

Phill.
1. http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=326