Introduction - Daniel McGuire

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:34:57 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Lubuntu Family and thanks for your interest about Lubuntu. I'm
not surprised, such a great system will keep recruiting more people to join
and to shine.

It's true that we worked together for few hours but I can tell how good you
are and above all, how much you love Lubuntu, otherwise you wouldn't be
here :D
I'm proud to work with you and thanks a lot for your interest about WOW
Lubuntu which is not  personal project of mine anymore, it's much more now
... it's a community project and to be more accurate, a Lubuntu Project :)

As my good friend Rafael mentioned, we are at your service anytime :)

@Rafael
Indeed, you are involved the moment you designed WOW Lubuntu's New GREAT
banner so don't think for a second you will run away :P hehe

Thank you everyone!

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Daniel McGuire <
daniel.mcguire351 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>  Hello Lubuntu Comms team,
>
> my name is Daniel McGuire and I live in Wales in the UK. I joined because
> I was interested in spreading the word of Lubuntu across the Internet, this
> is something I am going to tackle head on as I am already working on a
> Lubuntu based site with another member the Lubuntu Comms team.
>
> Being only 17 my expertise in any field is not mind blowing but I am
> currently studying ICT at the highest possible level in college and this
> gives me the opportunity to use the skills I have learnt there in the world
> of Lubuntu. I first plan to use my web design and development skills to
> further progress my first project.
>
> The project I am currently working on is a website completly based on
> Lubuntu. Since we already have many other great sites for other
> distributions we thought there should be a whole site dedicated to the
> light weight Lubuntu distribution, and as a result "WOW Lubuntu" was born.
> We are very much in the teething stages of the site but its development is
> growing rapidly! We are always open to any new fresh ideas that will help
> the development of "WOW Lubuntu" and we are always happy to receive support
> for the site. A site like WOW Lubuntu will hopefully give Lubuntu the same
> publicity as OMG Ubuntu has for Ubuntu. A link for the team projects will
> be at the bottom of this email.
>
> As Amjjawad (the founder of WOW Lubuntu) says: "WOW Lubuntu is a project
> created to enlighten the whole world with the power of Linux generally and
> Lubuntu specifically and tell the untold story about a unique system that
> could breath a new life into an ancient machine instead of breathing the
> dust somewhere in the dark". We really don't want any old machine to sit in
> corner and collect dust, we want anybody who thinks their PC is too old to
> breath new life into it by installing Lubuntu. This can only be achieved by
> showing off how brilliant Lubuntu is, this is our goal for WOW Lubuntu, and
> we want everybody to know it.
>
> Teams I have joined:
>
> "Lubuntu Comms" Team
> "Lubuntu Support" Team
>

> I am proud to be part of all these team and I hope to hear from some of
> you soon.
>
> Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/daniel-mcguire351
> Team Projects: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam#Projects
>

> Thanks for reading
>
> Daniel McGuire

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>