Introduction - Daniel McGuire

Daniel McGuire daniel.mcguire351 at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 13:14:22 UTC 2012

Hello Lubuntu Comms team,

my name is Daniel McGuire and I live in Wales in the UK. I joined
because I was interested in spreading the word of Lubuntu across the
Internet, this is something I am going to tackle head on as I am already
working on a Lubuntu based site with another member the Lubuntu Comms team.

Being only 17 my expertise in any field is not mind blowing but I am
currently studying ICT at the highest possible level in college and this
gives me the opportunity to use the skills I have learnt there in the
world of Lubuntu. I first plan to use my web design and development
skills to further progress my first project.

The project I am currently working on is a website completly based on
Lubuntu. Since we already have many other great sites for other
distributions we thought there should be a whole site dedicated to the
light weight Lubuntu distribution, and as a result "WOW Lubuntu" was
born. We are very much in the teething stages of the site but its
development is growing rapidly! We are always open to any new fresh
ideas that will help the development of "WOW Lubuntu" and we are always
happy to receive support for the site. A site like WOW Lubuntu will
hopefully give Lubuntu the same publicity as OMG Ubuntu has for Ubuntu.
A link for the team projects will be at the bottom of this email.

As Amjjawad (the founder of WOW Lubuntu) says: "WOW Lubuntuis a project
created to enlighten the whole world with the power of Linux generally
and Lubuntu specifically and tell the untold story about a unique system
that could breath a new life into an ancient machine instead of
breathing the dust somewhere in the dark". We really don't want any old
machine to sit in corner and collect dust, we want anybody who thinks
their PC is too old to breath new life into it by installing Lubuntu.
This can only be achieved by showing off how brilliant Lubuntu is, this
is our goal for WOW Lubuntu, and we want everybody to know it.

Teams I have joined:

"Lubuntu Comms" Team
"Lubuntu Support" Team

I am proud to be part of all these team and I hope to hear from some of
you soon.

Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/daniel-mcguire351
Team Projects: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam#Projects

Thanks for reading