LibreOffice 3.5 with Lubuntu 12.04

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Tue Jul 24 11:47:59 UTC 2012

On 22/07/12 17:05, Karl Anliot wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Peter Hillier-Brook <phb at hbsys.plus.com> wrote:
>> I'm running LO 3.5 under Lubuntu 12.04 and, until recently the relevant
>> icons appeared under "Office" in the menu system. Now they don't and I have
>> to start the program via the command line. Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> For information the installation is the "real" LO installed via dpkg.
>>
>> Peter HB
>>
>> --
>
> Did it change with an LXPanel update, or with a new install of  Libreoffice?
> If it was an LXPanel update, send me the shortcut files in the
> /usr/share/application directory, if it was a new install of
> libreoffice, you should file a bug against Libreoffice.
> Cheers

Thanks again for your interest. I'm fairly certain that the problem is
related to running on a Netbook and not in any way a LibreOffice bug.
Not knowing what changes were made during installation of Lubuntu -
certainly I didn't request a Netbook installation - I'm finding it a
little difficult to track the problem down.

 From a cursory check it appears that all files are in similar
directories in both machines and the links to the LO installation from
/usr/share/applications (/opt/libreoffice3.5) appear identical so I'm
stumped. :-)

Any pointers (pun intended) would be very welcome.

Peter HB