how to get nm-applet back in task-bar / bottom panel - Lubuntu 11.10

kelly kelly at chiefsez.com
Thu Feb 16 07:32:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:44:42 +0530
Icarus Alive <icarus.alive at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is my first mail to the list. I've been using Lubuntu 11.10 for a
> while now, and have been quite happy with it.
>
> Recently however, while trying to figure out why the NetworkManager
> applet icon never shows (or shows only intermittently, in some
> cases), by mistake I removed the applet. However, now I can't figure
> out, how to add it back. Without it, I am unable to use WAN
> connection using my wireless data-card.
>
> Thanks,
> Icarus

Hi y'all,

This is my mail to the list.

Here is a fix for the missing (since at least 2010) nm-applet icon:

"[. . .]In the file /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf change
'managed=false' to 'managed=true,' then type in the terminal 'killall
nm-system-settings' and reboot [. . .]."

The link to this bug is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/553115

--
krp