Can one add 'custom' programs to the Application Launch Bar?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 18 23:19:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:10:28PM +0000, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>    Hi,
>    have a read of the FAQ section on the subject[1]. That shows the setting
>    up and the ability to pass parameters, the link will take you more details
>    of the standard agreed.
>    Regards,
>    Phill.
> 1. [1]https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Windows#How_to_make.2BAC8-add_an_application_to_the_.22start.22_menu.

Thanks - I think! :-)

Does this mean I have to go through the whole rigmarole of creating a
desktop file (and thus an application menu entry) just to be able to run
a script from an icon on the panel?

Is there not, maybe, an applet for running programs from an icon on the
panel (like there is in Gnome and Xfce)

--
Chris Green