[lubuntu-devel] "TTY" goes to black screen, then doesn't come out of it?

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 22 19:07:50 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-22 19:02, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> . . . something exclusive to Mac

It's possible something changed about the keyboard configuration. You
could use `xev` to ensure the keys are producing the right output you
think they should. But then, I don't think the F6 one you said did
something would work at all.

> OR possibly it might relate to using
> Nvidia drivers???  I've added the proprietary drivers

One way to answer that is to not use them, but just use nouveau. If
there's no problems in nouveau, there's your answer. Nvidia is often
problematic.

> some of my linux installs get to TTY and some don't

Did you check the hashes of the image to be sure you actually have the
right installation media? I could see that causing all sorts of strange
issues.

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D