[lubuntu-devel] "TTY" goes to black screen, then doesn't come out of it?

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 19:02:17 UTC 2020

Walter:

OK, well glad to hear it might be a personal problem . . . this is on a Mac
and that means we add the "Fn" key into the mix . . . but this seems to be
now "problematic" in ubuntu & manjaro, but Opensuse still seems to be
working . . . as it always had . . . .

Well, I'll "monitor" it for awhile and see if it's "all in my head" or . .
. something exclusive to Mac, OR possibly it might relate to using Nvidia
drivers???  I've added the proprietary drivers in Lu & U-MATE using the
"additional drivers" app . . . not sure on the manjaro side, how I went
there with nvidia or plain jane nouveau--I just started playing with
manjaro a few months back so it's new.

But in opensuse I had issues with "suspend" so I went "default" video, not
nouveau, not nvidia and can still get to TTY as expected . . . I'll have to
check the Gecko install to see if I have TTY . . . point is some of my
linux installs get to TTY and some don't . . . hence my post???