[lubuntu-devel] [lubuntu-users] Lubuntu Next Blockers and Suggestions (WAS: Re: Lubuntu Artful Aardvark Beta 1 has been released!)

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 12:17:32 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 12:06 AM, Simon Quigley <tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> The problem is, Lubuntu has been saying

this for so long, that we're going to replace LXDE with LXQt, etc. etc.
> etc.

And:

> GTK 4 is coming soon, I don't personally want to continue shipping a
> product based on GTK 2. That's the core argument for this. If LXDE had a
> working, usable GTK 3 port, my opinion would be different.

My comment is addressed to PCmanfan: On August 24 Mark Shelby started a
thread (Lxqt roadmap) to the Lxde-list. I was looking forward to the reply
because his questions seemed interesting to me. (I can imagine how
difficult it is to maintain two desktops, or cut the cord and exclusively
pursue the new desktop? (Let LXDE enthusiasts fork it if they want to
continue using it?).

Simon's reply (here) reminded me of that. I thought I'd raise that topic
here.

Thanks for everything you guys do!

Mark