[lubuntu-devel] Installing Lubuntu with only floppy, Ethernet

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:23:34 UTC 2016

Den 2016-04-14 kl. 21:29, skrev Han Leushuis:
> Hello, thank you for making Lubuntu. Here is a challenge: I have a
> laptop with a working hard drive, working floppy drive, working Ethernet
> port, no working CD, no working USB. I saw the minimal install with a 32
> MB .iso, where everything else is downloaded from the net, but 32 MB is
> too big for a floppy. Can you make a floppy .iso, where everything else
> is downloaded from the net? Thank you for answering, Han.
>
> --
> Drs. J.G.A.M. Leushuis
> www.jgamleus.dds.nl

Hi Han,

You can move the hard disk drive to another computer and install Lubuntu
in that computer. Avoid proprietary drivers.

For example, you can install from a tarball or from a compressed image
file according to the following link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2172971&page=2&p=13487384#post13487384

If you prefer to do it from an official Lubuntu iso file, and you have
Intel graphics, I suggest that you install this program package before
you move the drive back to the target laptop:

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel

Good luck :-)
Nio