[lubuntu-devel] Spreadsheet for testing RAM for installing. Was: Re: non pae

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:15:28 UTC 2016

Hi Henk and Phill,

The alternate installer can install with less RAM than the desktop
installer, but the difference is smaller than I expected for Xenial in
my IBM Thinkpad T42 with Pentium M:

224MB (desktop) <---> 208 MB (alternate)

I had hoped that it would work with mem=192M, but no. Let us focus on
the great advantage: the alternate iso is within CD size. (It is
slightly too big right now: 704 Mibibytes.)

See the attached spreadsheet.

Best regards
Nio