[lubuntu-devel] new trusty and xenial daily iso files are generated and need testing

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 10:12:38 UTC 2016

Den 2016-06-26 kl. 10:12, skrev Nio Wiklund:
> Hi Lubuntuers,
>
> The LTS versions are getting prepared for the next point releases,
> 14.04.5 and 16.04.1. New trusty and xenial daily iso files are generated
> and need testing
>
> - to be reported here and
>
> - at the iso tracker  http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com
>
> -o-
>
> You find the relevant iso files for Lubuntu desktop 32-bit via
>
> zsync
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/trusty/daily-live/current/trusty-desktop-i386.iso.zsync
>

> zsync
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/xenial/daily-live/current/xenial-desktop-i386.iso.zsync
>

> and the corresponding files for the other iso files, e.g.
>
> for Lubuntu 16.04 alternate 64-bit via
>
> zsync
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/xenial/daily/current/xenial-alternate-amd64.iso.zsync
>

> -o-
>
> There are bugs, for example the plymouth bug (no splash image no text
> during boot). I have not reported them here, but I intend to do it soon,
> and I hope and wish that we can squash them before 16.04.1 LTS.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again,

The desktop 32-bit iso works (with grey bugs), but the alternate 64-bit
iso managed to throw two red bugs into my face:

'failure while configuring required package while installing Lubuntu
alternate'

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debootstrap/+bug/1596279

'the target drive is not found when connected via USB 3 while installing
Lubuntu alternate'

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1596281

Please check if you are affected, and in that case, please mark that the
bug 'affects me too'.

Best regards
Nio