[lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:56:29 UTC 2016

Hi Jim,

On 18 February 2016 at 20:30, jim northrop <james.b.northrop at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Don't want to comit to doing documentation until i can see the extend of
> what is already available. Phil's comment that "Despite setting up the
> infrastructure
> we never had enough people volunteer (i.e. more than 2) to assist and it
> remains dormant." leads me to believe there is a URL or online link we
> could look at to see what is inplace ? GitHub, etc ?
>
> Looking at Walter's suggestion here:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation this resource
> looks fairly comprehensive, so what is missing document-wise or topic-wise
> that needs to be provided ?

Bit of background: I'm a volunteer for Contact (
http://contactmorpeth.org.uk/). Amongst other things we take in unwanted
computers, put lubuntu Linux on them and then pass them on to people with
mental health problems.

I recently had a need to help someone get to grips with lubuntu. I had
demonstrated how to use the system but she's on painkillers and forgot what
I told her. So I created a short document, 6 pages long, with screen shots
and explanations of what the screens are.

A friend from the local LUG donated a laptop so I put lubuntu on it and it
will be used to access Contact's free Wi-Fi. Was hoping to get Margaret to
look at the instructions but she was too busy in the Office today to take a
look. The instructions will be used in this case as well.

 BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software