[lubuntu-devel] Fwd: 14.04.4 RC images (20160216)

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:14:17 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

I use mkusb during the iso-testing of 14.04.4, and it works for me.
mkusb and mkusb-nox (No X) are very convenient and safe during
iso-testing, because they identify the system in the pendrive and select
it automatically for 're-cloning'.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb

I could also backport the new version of usb-creator-gtk from Xenial
Xerus, 0.3.2, and it works too (in Lubuntu 14.04.4, 15.04 and 15.10).

I am surprised that dd failed (with blocksize 2048) for you, Phill. I
never specify count, instead I let dd find the end of file and finish
there. Maybe you introduced an error by entering a wrong number of
blocks to copy.

I have found that bs=4096 works well, makes the cloning faster than most
other settings. (I tested a lot of settings when I started with mkusb a
few years ago.)

Best regards
Nio