[RFC] LEP#2, Local Community Teams vs. Locale Teams

YoBoY yoboy.leguesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:56:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

It's the second time I ask, but what is a "LEP"?

I'm a bit tired of this opposition to Country VS Language (and I'm a bit
tired in general) where for me this is in majority the same when we are
not talking about an "English" LoCo team.

Let me just remind you that lot of Local Community Teams are also
Language Teams (correct me if I'm wrong). The only difference is for
teams where the language is shared by more than one country. The first
Local Community team providing a good online support with a forum,
documentation and other tools will become in fact the language support
team for all the others. Now there is exceptions like the new Esperanto
team.

It's a natural evolution for a LoCo Team to provide language support. If
nobody else provide this online support the team have to create
everything and I know how hard it is to do that. Lot of people in each
countries are doing a great job with that. For this 'language support"
activity, they need to be able to plan online meetings, and be able to
invite all people speaking the same language.

Now what do you want. Each team who provide language support split in
two teams? But where? in Launchpad? everywhere on the network with two
names (dns, irc, ...)? For the native language support we have to create
new teams ? Where a new user searching for support have to go to find
online help?

I know you only want to make it right, and simplify everything for a
better understanding for new users. I know also you are doing an
astonishing job with the LoCo Directory and these complicated structured
teams are difficult to understand and to put in only one box. But I know
also you'll find one day the best way to present these amazing teams and
all the aspects of theses communities who are making a great job in
advocacy and language support.

I finish with a last question because nobody seems to want to talk about
that. What is the place of a language support team in the Ubuntu world?

PS : You can see the list of language support resources and see who
provide what here : http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/locallanguage

Regards,

YoBoY