Everyone! LoCo Team Reports

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jan 31 09:32:30 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:10:41AM +0100, Julius Bloch wrote:
> From my point I see no benefit in creating reports.

Whereas I can see a significant benefit. Communication.

There has been a lot of critisism in the past about the lack of
communication from Canonical / CC to LoCos, and vice versa. This reporting
system helps to address that issue.

In addition it also facilitates improvements to cross-team communication. I
have absolutely NO CLUE what other LoCos are doing and frankly I don't have
the time to go and seek out the pages on the wiki, their wiki, their drupal
pages, their wordpress blogs, irc channels and mailing lists to find out. I
would much rather go to one easy to find page on the wiki and scroll down
that to see what _all_ the teams are doing.

I don't know about anyone else but I like to see what other LoCos (and
non-LoCo teams) are doing. It gives me ideas about what we can do.

It doesn't take long to write the reports either. It's just a few lines
added to a wiki page, not 20 page PDF.

Cheers,
Al.