Actual replies from rt at ubuntu.com?

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:34:20 GMT 2008

I'm the team contact for Ubuntu South Africa, and I've had very little
success in getting a response on issues logged through rt. We've had
problems with wiki spam, and after no response for a long time I
badgered someone in #canonical-sysadmin we got a particular user-agent
(IIRC) blocked but now we are getting more wiki spam, some times from
anonymous users.

I've asked repeatedly for disabling anonymous edits to
ubuntu-za.org/Wiki, but that has not been done.
I've requested planet to be set up for us, with no response.

I'm seriously considering getting somebody local to sponsor hosting
for Ubuntu South Africa, and moving the site off Canonical hosting.
This is seriously dampening enthusiasm for participation in our
community - we have people really wanting to do cool stuff but it will
never happen on the Canonical hosting unless we get a radical change
to the responsiveness for these issues.

Regards
Morgan Collett
Ubuntu ZA