Actual replies from rt at ubuntu.com?

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 03:29:17 GMT 2008

Brian:

I've heard similar complaints from several other community members. From my
end, we've had the chicago loco planet down for months already and we are
still waiting for rt at ubuntu.com.

I myself am not sure who to take this up with.
Best of luck,

Eddie Martinez

On Jan 21, 2008 9:03 PM, Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm the web contact person for Ubuntu Canada; last year we had
> Canonical's loco-hosting folks set up a Drupal site for us - our
> previous website had been home-hosted & static, we wanted something
> that more Ubuntu Canada members could contribute to easily.
>
> However, the default theme in Canonical's Drupal installation includes
> a whole bunch of links that're built right into the theme and broken
> in any website but whatever it was originally designed for.
>
> There's also no way to edit a theme in the standard Drupal
> installation we've been given - no SFTP/SSH access info has ever been
> passed on, and Drupal's theme editor module isn't installed by
> default.
>
> Worse, I've been waiting for four months (and three emails so far) for
> any response from rt at ubuntu.com on fixing these issues. I've gotten
> NOTHING back, not even a short, "Hey we'll put you in the work queue
> and get back to you shortly." - just nothing.
>
> Meanwhile, the Ubuntu Canada site is broken, unthemed and unfixable.
>
> I sent the first email back in early October, have sent monthly emails
> since then asking for information, and gotten exactly zilch, nada &
> nothing in reply.
>
> So does rt at ubuntu.com actually work, or is it just routed to dev/null?
>
> Frustrated,
>
> Brian Burger
> Ubuntu Canada Webmaster (for my sins)
> ubuntu-ca.org
> wirelizard.ca

Encryption Key (GPG PID): 19983D83
This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>