How are Loco Team meeting their expenses..

Ante Karamatić ivoks at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 8 10:26:37 GMT 2006

U Sri, 08. 11. 2006., u 10:56 +0100, Szilveszter Farkas je napisao/la:

> That's something you cannot do in your free time IMHO. And if you do
> it full-time, you need the money to cover your expenses... Of course
> you can donate some part of it to your LoCo.

Right. That's a good way to cover your expenses if you are LoCo team.

> On the other hand, in many countries software piracy is still so high
> (even in the EU), that it doesn't make sense for a company to switch
> to free/open source software, because they get a pirated copy of
> Windows for free as well...

Well, that's changing here, and I'm sure that's changing in Hungary too.
As much as it sounds ironic, BSA is our friend :) So, home users are
still getting away with pirated OS (Windows *and* MacOS), but this
scenario is dying in companies. They can't get away with that any more.
That's a chance for Ubuntu.

> If anyone is planning to organize a conference in their country, just
> let me know, and I'll try to put up a LoCoConferenceFAQ to the wiki :)

Please do :)

--
Ante Karamatić <ivoks at ubuntu.com>