acpi-support and wireless

Nicolò Chieffo 84yelo3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 18:16:43 BST 2006

Hello, I've found some errors in the acpi-support package, about wifi.
I've filed some bugs but I think that the maintainer didn't notice
them.

here are the links:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/66082
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/66083
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/66087
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/42820

anyway acpi-support utilities about  wireless are in my opinion too
much fragmented: the power off/on utility is defined in more than one
place and in different watys, and also the led sync.
we definitely need a low level framework well structured and
engineerized,which supports hotkeys, leds and can be linked to a GUI!

What do you think?