edgy regression on last ibook

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at rediffmail.com
Wed Oct 18 15:13:23 BST 2006

Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:

> I got an OS for free and they (Canonical) got QA for free from
> "us" (Community). A mail with "ACK, please be patient" take 2 minutes.
> People could be so busy that they forget, ok. But I wrote two mails
> before and wait a long time between. Know I think it would be a desaster
> when Edgy wouldn't support one of the popular PowerPC notebooks
> (iBook).
>
> I complain, because I think this is a project, where we all want to work
> together.
>
> I write here because it's an laptop specific issue. Or got I more
> attention on ubuntu-users ...

Hi Keywan,

Since the Edgy is now close to RC I don't think your bugs will get much attention. But I think they
should get attention for post release critical updates.

I suggest you following course of action. See if it helps.

1. Try to find a model matching to your iBook from this page.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/Apple_Macintosh
2. If you find one, contact the report author and convince him to confirm your bug or provide more
inputs.
3. When the bug is confirmed, assign it to ubuntu-laptop team.
4. Raise the issues in #ubuntu-laptop channel on irc.freenode.net

NOTE: I am not developer in any packages in Ubuntu. I am just a community member. My suggestion in
no way represent how the bugs are handled by developers.

Regards,
Onkar