Time Problems in Kubuntu 16.04 and 16.10

David Corkrey Sr. d_corkrey at rogers.com
Mon Oct 24 01:44:12 UTC 2016

I have a dual boot Lenovo Flex 3 with Windows 10 and a flavor of
Kubuntu. When I had 16.04 and later 16.10 installed (both from clean
installs), the time displayed in the status and elsewhere appeared to be
correct. After a reboot into Windows 10, the time displayed in Windows
was 4 hours off (later). This did not occur with Kubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Changing back to Kubuntu and the correct time was displayed in Kubuntu.
But I noticed a flicker on start up that showed the time to be 4 hours
earlier, then changing to the correct time. If I manually set the
Kubuntu time to be 4 hours earlier, then reboot into Windows, the
Windows time displayed was displayed correctly.

Changing the time by 4 hours when switching OS should not be necessary.
I have reverted to 14.04 LTS as it appears to be a better, more
configurable OS (from a normal user way) and the time works correctly. I
have all settings on Eastern Time for Canada.

Just a suggestion that new releases showed be checked a little more
carefully.

--
David Corkrey Sr.
London, Ontario Canada eh?