Urgent advise needed. Only guest profile accesible, my own profile not.

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 06:30:09 UTC 2013

That seems like putting the cart before the horse. First, can you log in as
a new user? If so, and your old user account is still stuffed, then you
probably have a corrupted config file somewhere. Reinstalling won't fix
that.

Can you interrupt the boot process, and get into a console? If so, mv
~/.kde ~/.kde.old and try booting up again.

If all is well, you can try moving parts from .kde.old into your newly
created .kde file. Soon you should be back in business. Keep track of what
you are moving, and as soon as you encounter problems, you'll know what bit
was messed up.

Be sure to tell us how you get on.

All the best,

Valorie