Intersting.......

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 8 06:50:28 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 17:54, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> A copy of a post which refuses to be posted in this list:
>>
>> On 07/11/13 01:44, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>> Hi Basil,
>>>

>>> We have a little problem here, as, despite what you say, you are
>>> advertising an different distribution as the kubuntu-users mailing
>>> list is about.
>>>
>>> What distribution you use is your choice, but please abstain from
>>> giving any advice or mention of a different one, as that would be
>>> totally off topic.
>>>
>>> Similarly, please keep private chatter out of the list. If you want to
>>> find out where somebody lives, this is not matter for this mailing
>>> list, you can drop them a private mail.
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for respecting the rules.
>>>

>>> Regards, Myriam
>> I responded to the above message some 20+ minutes ago but my response has
>> not reached this list.
>>
>> But other posts I made following my response to the above did make it to
>> this list.
>>
>> Fascinating, intriguing and puzzling to say the least.......
>>
>> BC
>>

>> ADDENDUM: the time mentioned in the above message is now "1hour+ ago" and
>> not "some 20+ minutes".
> *sigh* you should have checked again, this was a private mail...
>

> Regards, Myriam

OK, but was there any need to send private mail to begin with?

Just asking.

(I'll have to refine my filter in Thunderbird because if it sees
"kubuntu" it throws mail to 'kubuntu-users'

And I didn't know about the social divide between the riff-raff who use
the list [kubuntu-users] and those who own it [kubuntu-users-owner] :-) .

Every day is a learning experience!)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.2 & kernel 3.12.0-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor