kubutnu-users-owner (was Re: Intersting.......)

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Fri Nov 8 22:16:54 UTC 2013

On Friday, November 08, 2013 05:50:28 PM Basil Chupin wrote:

> OK, but was there any need to send private mail to begin with?
>
> Just asking.

Sure! Isn't it more polite or proper to keep such things off the list itself?

> (I'll have to refine my filter in Thunderbird because if it sees
> "kubuntu" it throws mail to 'kubuntu-users'
>
> And I didn't know about the social divide between the riff-raff who use
> the list [kubuntu-users] and those who own it [kubuntu-users-owner] :-) .

I lol'd at that :)

list-owner is simply an email for list *admin* messages and the like, such as spam,
subscription/unsub, errors, and other notifications. It is also a handy way to help
inform someone that the message is from a list admin, instead of someone the
recipient may not know.

All simple and above board, actually. And I am still riff-raff most of the time,
especially when I dance the Time Warp :p

(I am using the list and my own email as I am not at my own computer at the moment
and can't recall the credentials.)

--
Clay Weber (claydoh) one of your handy dandy list admin/mods
http://kubuntuforums.net