[12.04]-After Update-Start Menu Missing Many Items???

Guus gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 14 05:54:10 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 10:07 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Kubuntu 12.04 LTS 64Bit
> into VirtualBox VM under Windows(R) 7 H.P. 64Bit.
>
> After I installed and updated Kubuntu in VM,
> many Start menu items are now missing???
>
> Update Manager, Package Manager, and Software Manager
> are no longer in the Start menu?
>
> How I get them back?
> Thanks!
>
> Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Reinstalling kubuntu-desktop should get rid of the problem. Found this
using google with "ubuntu icons missing".
I suspect it will also fix start menu items missing.

Do: sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop.

P.S. If you ever forget a package name but remember part of it, just do:
sudo apt-cache search "search-term", like in this case I searched for
ubuntu-desktop and found kubuntu-desktop,

--
Kind regards, Guus Bonnema.