Problems with Kubuntu 11.04 so far.

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Tue Jun 7 22:59:40 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 06:08:53 PM Mark Fraser wrote:
> I've been running 11.04 since Saturday and have already come
across some
> serious problems:
> 1) Konqueror no longer integrates with KFind in that Ctrl-F doesn't
do
> anything. Dolphin will only search in folders that are indexed with
> Nepomuk.

That is a KDE decision, there should have been an option maybe to be
able to use kfind. Though kfind is still available, of course. You can
install this servicemenu
http://kde-
apps.org/content/show.php/Find+with+KFind?content=140365
From within dolphin's configuration - no idea if it will work with Konq,
my guess is it should as both are using the same backend bits.

> 2) Ark no longer opens .deb files. Complains that it doesn't know
the
> compression type.

Hmm. I have always had to to tell ark what type of compression a deb
file has - tar bzip is what you would select iirc. Though I have not used
ark to do this in a long time. It *is* a rare use-case, perhaps filing a
bug report would be worthwhile as it should e a simple fix.

> 3) Audio CDs are recognised as CD-ROMs which means there is no
choice to
> rip the audio.
Again, perhaps a bug report would be useful here
oops already done at least once:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/+bug/709868
Also seems to be a cross-distro issue.

> 4) Firefox keeps forgetting installed add-ons.
I don't see this in 2 installs/2 upgrades

> 5) Something odd happening with configuring Phonon in System
Settings. If
> you try to configure Phonon, the Apply button is highlighted before
you do
> anything. If I then go to Speaker Setup, the sound card is my
webcam. If I
now no
> sound card available.
On my one box with a webcam attached I cannot reporduce this, other
than it had the webcam mic as the soundcard - as I had set it to be in
my case.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net