Problems in Kubuntu's loading screen

Helder Terra helder.earth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:41:18 UTC 2011

I've recently installed a new video card, a Nvidia 7200GS and my Kubuntu
10.10 drivers worked perfectly.

But ever since I've installed it, the system loading screen (the blue
one with the Kubuntu logo) doesn't seem to recognize the video drivers.
It shows only a rough blue screen with Kubuntu wrtitten on it, as if the
video drivers hadn't been installed at all.

Once it gets to the login screen, though, the video driver works fine
and there's no problem. Again, when I give the shutdow command, the blue
screen goes as if there were no video drivers installed.

Anyone with a similar problem?

Thanks,

Helder Terra