maverick: Firefox back/forward buttons

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 18:11:20 UTC 2011

On my wife's maverick system (but not on mine), the Firefox forward/back
buttons are missing.

After some investigation, it seems that they are present, but of zero size
(i.e., it's as if FF can't find or simply isn't displaying the icons). If I
set the toolbar to [icons + text] then the buttons are present and usable:
it's just that there is no icon on them. Googling seems to show that this
is not an unheard-of problem (although why it should occur on onely one of
the three maverick systems here is a puzzle), but I haven't been able to
find a fix that works.

So, does anyone know how to get the forward/back icons to appear?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR