maverick: HP Officejet 4215 no longer prints text

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:44:05 UTC 2011

On Friday 25 February 2011 11:33:53 Thomas Olsen wrote:

> make clean
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-foomatic-rip-hplip-install
> --enable-foomatic-drv-install --disable-network-build make
> sudo make install

I forgot something: Before you start remove any printers you have setup
in System Settings.

5) After installation unplug the printer and plug it in again.
Run:

hp-check -r

to check for any errors and to see if it finds a(ny) printer(s) under
"DISCOVERED USB DEVICES".

6) If everything looks OK run:

hp-setup

to set up the printer.

BTW: No warranty. This may break your printing entirely ;-)

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L