is 64 bit ready for primetime yet?

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Sun Apr 3 15:27:41 UTC 2011

On 04/03/2011 03:42 AM, Jon Piper wrote:

<snip>
> some nitty things that are probably issues with 10.10.  The most
> aggravating is that when I go to a web page from Thunderbird (email),
> it loads it in Konqueror instead of Firefox; I have reset the defaults
> so they all point to Firefox but no soap. I have a desktop with 10.04 (64)
<snip>

I appreciate the response. This is off thread and I don't want to hijack
my own topic but I just had the same problem with FF and did the
following in tbird->pref->adv->config

network.protocol-handler.warn-external.ftp     true
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http   true
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https true

It will then prompt you for what browser to open. You can set it to FF
and make it the default.