Media view/read softwares

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 23:04:05 UTC 2010

Irfanview will work for 90% of most peoples' image editing needs. For the
rest(as mentioned) there's the Gimp - which also has a fairly large set of
python (and possibly imagemagik) plugins.

Try 'aptitude search image' and see what you get. Also search for picture
maybe.
On Oct 27, 2010 6:53 PM, "Alan Dacey" <grokit at ajinfosearch.com> wrote:

>> A few questions anybody proficient may please answer.
>> 1. Any simple mp3 player available which will play only the selected
song?
>> 2. Any Viewer software (just like Universal viewer, xnview, irfanview)
>> available, which can view/read different formats at the same
>> (audio/video/pic/txt//html/pdf),
>> 3. Any combination of file manager with multiple format viewer pane
>> available
>>

> First let me say, welcome!
>
> Now I will try to answer your questions.
>
> 1) media player; There are a bunch and as Basil said you can make any one
of them open your music. I find that all my music in Amorok works well, just
click or drag a single file over. If you just want to click on a music file
and have it play then try VLC. It plays all sorts of things, movies as well
as music. Take a look arund the repositories in KpackageKit until you find
the one that is best for you.

> 2) file viewer; I have only used Infranview a little bit in windows before
I found a version of the Gimp for XP so I don't entirely get what you mean.
If you just need a preview of any of those types of files have you found the
Information panel in Dolphin yet? To see it either press F11 or click View
--> Panels --> Information. When you highlight a file you get a preview
along with the finle info (as long as you have the correct codecs installed
of course bu tit sounds like you already found the Medibuntu repository).
You can play a song, watch a movie, look at a picture, etc right in your
file manager. Editing them will have to be in an outside application as far
as I know.