How best to activate a mobile internet modem/ SIM card @ Kubuntu Karmic?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat May 15 17:00:54 UTC 2010

> If you install networkmanager you need to make sure you completely uninstall
> wicd and reboot before trying networkmanager.

Now, networkmanager has been installed instead of WICD. It does work
at my machine wired connection. However, I cannot find any applet or
icon enabling me to look for WIFI connections. Even if I type
"networkmanager" with ALT-F2, nothing happens or pops up. So far, I
also did not manage to get the the mobile broadband modem working with
it. Do I need any extra package enabling me to control networkmanager
with respect to WIFI and HSPA/ USB mobile broadband (HUAWEI E1820)?

Respectfully yours,

Bas.