A way to be rid or Akonadi, indexing, wallet, hpl*, nepomuk & useless drivers?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat May 15 04:47:06 UTC 2010

Eric Lee Elliott wrote:
> Is there a simple way to install Ubuntu or Kubuntu without Akonadi,
> wallet, nepomuk, hpl*, IRC, IM & all the drivers that will never be
> used in my laptops?

Simple way? No.

Well, you could install Ubuntu or Xubuntu which comes without Akonadi,
Kwallet and Nepomuk, but you could not install most of the KDE programs
you probably want to use (or why did you install Kubuntu?). But Ubuntu
and maybe also Xubuntu have their own dependencies you won't like.
Therefore I think, the only way to have only those things installed
which you think are important, would be to compile most things from
source.

Nils