A way to be rid or Akonadi, indexing, wallet, hpl*, nepomuk & useless drivers?

Eric Lee Elliott linux at ericelliott.us
Sat May 15 02:26:16 UTC 2010

Is there a simple way to install Ubuntu or Kubuntu without Akonadi,
wallet, nepomuk, hpl*, IRC, IM & all the drivers that will never be used
in my laptops?

I have tried to remove software & drivers, often to be notified much
other software will also be removed.

My question is due to functionality, not just to save disk space.
NetworkManager is good after Wallet is disabled for each of 4 computers.
  ATI video is stable after all the other video hardware drivers are
removed from a Thinkpad T60.

Eric