K3B problem in Lucid Lynx

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu May 13 05:55:39 UTC 2010

On 13/05/10 15:33, Wulfy wrote:
> Since I've upgraded to Lucid, I haven't been able to burn a DVD. I get
> an error from cdrecord (error 254, which is, apparently, 'unknown').
> I've googled but can't find anything that helps. Despite what the report
> below says about bytes written, no data is written to the disk.
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem?  Any ideas on how to fix it???
>
> Debugger output:
>
> Devices
> -----------------------
> PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-111D 1.23 (/dev/sr0, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM,

No problems here at all with k3b and I am using a Pioneer 110 drive.
Working very well, thank you :-) .

I did have some trouble a couple of weeks ago when I had to throw out 2
DVDs which displayed the same (or close enough to it so as to be the
same) error message and this was caused by a couple of bad DVD blanks -
pulled the 3rd one from the spindle and all worked AOK from then on.

BC

--
ATTORNEY:  Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he
                    doesn't know about it until the next morning?