Thunderbird browser configuration

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun May 2 15:19:07 UTC 2010

On 05/02/2010 10:02 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 02/05/10 09:21, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
>> A while back Thunderbird got stupid and you had to manually add your web
>> browser in the configuration. Well that little bug is back, at least on
>> mine. Does anyone remember the exact wording to add. As I recall it went
>> something like "network.protocol-handler.http" but I know that's not
>> exactly right. Somethings missing and I don't remember what it is.
>>

> These parameters are already set in TB when you install it.
>
> What you need to do is to make TB, and FF, your default applications to
> use for the 'net.
>
> BC

Somehow in the new upgrade to the latest and greatest the setting got
lost. Firefox is the default but that didn't work as it should. Even
adding the network.protocol...... thing didn't fix it. I added the
"http" and https" with firefox as the application and restarted T-bird
but no dice.

--
Some people are like Slinky's.

Not good for much but fun to watch when you push them down the stairs.

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop