"Grub loading ...Error 18" - HD's not accessible any more. (Kubuntu Karmic/ WinXP)

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Mar 30 13:30:27 UTC 2010

On 03/30/2010 09:10 PM, Goh Lip wrote:
> I've set up a grub.cfg file in that iso. To get to that menu type
> configfile /grub.cfg    then amend to your partition the entry and boot.

Further details.....
upon configfile /grub.cfg, you'll come to 3 entries, you have 25 secs.

Configfile
Vmlinuz
Chainload

scroll to 'Vmlinux' entry, press 'e' to edit and you'll get

linux '(hd0,8)'/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda8 ro
initrd '(hd0,8)'/initrd.img

Amend the (hd0,8) and sda8 to the partition output of the search. Then
'alt + x' to boot.

Good luck - Goh Lip